These are additional resources for the participants and supporters of the Women and the Web Alliance. They are provided this content to encourage training participants to seek additional skills and information.
- Intel® She Will Connect Awareness is an app designed to teach women to learn how to use mobile devices, PCs, and the Internet safely. This app aims to promote gender equality through awareness, basic education, and sharing inspirational stories of women who have benefited greatly by connecting to the Internet. This app includes easy-to-understand learning instructions, clean modern visuals, educational games, and useful tips.
- Intel® Learn Mobile Skills is an app designed to teach the basics of using a computer and other Internet fundamentals. In just a few simple steps, you can learn about the features of a computer as well as essential skills like creating an email account and working with the Google search engine. Make the best of your computing experience with this step-by-step, user-friendly guide that includes pictorial representations and offers four different language options (English, Hausa, Swahili, Zulu).
- Intel® She Will Connect – My Digital Journey is a web-based application with gaming mechanics that allows women to learn, connect, and share online, either individually or in a facilitated environment and with the support of a peer network. It uses case scenarios relevant to women in the form of challenges and ensures they practice the solutions to each challenge before moving on to the next level. Learners on My Digital Journey will receive a digital completion certificate after successfully completing three quests.
- LevelUp, created by Internews, supports individuals and groups providing digital security trainings and support worldwide. Most digital literacy programs do not offer substantial Internet and digital security training, which can leave new users vulnerable to cyber attacks and other threats to online safety. LevelUp aims to help all digital safety trainers, from novices to experts, by supporting the creation of a centralized collection of resources by experienced trainers, creating opportunities for trainers to come together at events, and the development of tools for the training room.
- If you are interested in citizen journalism, including blogging and video creation, Internews also offers two toolkits to help you stay safe and maintain control over your communications. These include SpeakSafe: Media Workers’ Toolkit for Safer Online and Mobile Practices and SaferJourno: Digital Resources for Media Trainers.
U.S. Agency for International Development Programs in Kenya
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) programs in Kenya focus on economic growth, education, gender-based violence, women in peacebuilding, and women’s leadership. Learn more USAID’s efforts in Kenya and around the world to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment.
TukoWorks is a website supported by Microsoft and other local partners designed to help young Kenyan job seekers, aspiring entrepreneurs, and school leavers find free resources, training, and career guidance services. The site contains a searchable database of job openings as well as information on planning a career, starting a business, and online learning opportunities.